Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
The product development department for Cleaner and Lubricant technologies in Europe is located in Düsseldorf, and consists of a diverse team of chemists that develop innovative solutions for the Automotive Industry value chain. The department is responsible for the development of lubricants for metal forming operations like Forging and Pressure die casting, as well as cutting fluids for subsequent Machining and Grinding operations, and finally the parts cleaners that are used to remove lubricant residues and prepare the parts for the next step in our customers value chain. The department maintains close contacts to the global development community, the business team and to our customers, striving to provide the best value for our customers and business. As such we are looking for a creative chemist with excellent communication skills in both English and German language.
What we offer
- Development of lubricants for warm and hot forging applications
- Translate customer and market needs & trends into innovative solutions
- Development of new forging lubricants supporting the Key Strategic and Innovation initiatives
- Support introduction of new formulations in production
- Prepare and provide technical trainings and lectures (internal as well as external - customers & conferences)
- Maintain close contact with BDM, and field (TCS and Sales) to coordinate trials receive feedback on product performance and market trends
- Support AO & QM e.g. investigation of quality complaints and product related issues
Who we are looking for
- Degree in polymer or organic chemistry (MSc/PhD)
- Experience in R&D environment related to formulation and/or dispersion technology
- Knowledge of forging applications and/or tribology is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably German
- Willingness to travel (discussing project opportunities, monitoring introduction newly developed products etc.)
- Analytically strong and team-oriented person
- Well able to build up and maintain internal and external networks (e.g Global PD organisation,global oriented market)
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career